Who doesn’t love bacon? It seems like everyone these days is eating bacon – bacon wrapped doughnuts, bacon infused vodka, bacon ice cream sandwiches, it’s EVERYWHERE. Maybe its because we’ve discovered that nutrition-wise bacon is actually good for us (in moderate quantities of course). Or maybe its because it is delicious. I eat two slices of bacon every morning and have found the most efficient and clean way to cook it. So now, I share with you friends…oven cooked bacon!
- 12 pieces of bacon (get the good stuff, the thick hand-cut bacon at the butcher counter)
- 2 rimmed baking trays (shallow pans)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (fahrenheit).
- Line the two rimmed baking sheets with tinfoil.
- Lay the stripes of bacon flat on the baking sheets, ensuring that the pieces do not overlap.
- Bake until the bacon is brown and crisp to desired crispness (approximately 18 minutes), rotating the baking sheets halfway through.
- Remove bacon from oven and dry it to paper towels to absorb and drain grease.