Yes, I eat healthy 99% of the time, but sometimes I crave something delicious, peanut-buttery, and choco-riffic for a snack. In the past, I used to reach for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but the processed sugar and gritty chocolate left me feeling tired and crummy (and like I really needed to brush my teeth).
About a year ago I discovered a delicious way to make my own homemade peanut butter cups out of all natural ingredients that are paleo-approved! My favorite part is that I can whip these up in less than 10 minutes using just the microwave – seriously. Keeping these in the freezer ensures I have a delicious treat that won’t leave me feeling bad.
- Small (Mini) Muffin Pan (not a cupcake pan, a muffin pan has smaller cups)
- Food Processor
- 6 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 16 oz Almond Butter (you can substitute smooth peanut butter if you aren’t worried about being paleo-friendly)
- 3 tbsp Organic Honey (local honey is good for allergy-symptoms)
- Sea Salt
- 3 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (if not worried about being paleo-friendly, can use any kind you prefer)
- Combine 4 tbsp Coconut Oil, 16 oz. Almond Butter (or peanut butter), 3 tbsp Organic Honey, and a pinch of Sea Salt in the food processor. Puree until smooth and one combined mixture.
- With two tablespoons, add a tablespoon of the mixture into the 24 Mini Muffin Pan cups.
- Microwave the 3 cups of Chocolate Chips in the microwave for approximately two minutes (watch it – don’t overcook it).
- Add in the remaining 2 tbsp Coconut Oil into the Chocolate Chip mixture, combining well to make the Chocolate Coating.
- Top each of the 24 Mini Muffin Pan cups with the Chocolate Coating.
- Place the pan into the freezer for one hour, until set.
- Use a steak knife, or other sharp knife to pop out the Almond Butter Cups.
- Store the Almond Butter Cups in the freezer for up to one week.
WARNING: Before eating, let the Almond Butter Cups sit out for five minutes to soften and thaw the Chocolate Coating. These are delicious, but nothing is worth a chipped tooth!