Confession: I am not a fan of eating my veggies. I find green beans flavorless and broccoli altogether unenjoyable. This recipe is the first recipe that showed me that yes, veggies can be delicious! I make these weekly as part of my Sunday meal prep. They last all week and make me feel like I am eating something that cannot be healthy – but it is. My favorite way to make these is to add in the bacon. There is no better combination than Brussels sprouts and bacon. This recipe is so simple, you have no excuse not to try it out. Trust me, you’ll be glad that you did.
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Baking Sheets
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt (or less if you are watching sodium intake)
- Optional: Add 8 pieces of uncooked bacon, cut into 1/4 inch mini-strips (cut short-ways) to the mix!
- Layer two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts under cool water and pat dry.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until crisp on the outside.
- Stir and mix the Brussels sprouts on the pan every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for weekly meals.